Paul Weyland Golf Junior Academy presents
Rising Stars Junior Training Program
The Paul Weyland Golf Junior Academy Rising Stars program features specialized coaching and skills development for juniors ages 11-14.
The Rising Stars program covers all aspects of the game and is based on the Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Long term Athletic Development (LTAD) model. This model is the most innovative and advanced junior golf training program and uses physical and mental activities that are appropriate to a junior’s biological age. By using this model your junior will develop the athletic and golf specific skills necessary to play competitive golf while building confidence and having fun!
Paul Weyland is the only TPI Certified Level 2 Junior coach in Idaho specially trained to coach juniors with this scientifically proven long term athletic development model.
Maturing into a champion both on and off the course is an exciting challenge for young athletes and their families. It takes considerable commitment, support, feedback and guidance. A professional coaching influence combined with effective training, practice, and competition is paramount in this process.
Does your junior have what it takes?
The Rising Stars program is designed to provide aspiring athletes with a professional approach to their development as golfers and people. This program is suitable for individuals who:
- Are committed to being the best that they can be on and off the course.
- Are serious about golf and motivated to improve to high school golf and beyond.
- Take responsibility for their actions and are “coachable”.
- Do not abuse alcohol and/or illegal drugs.
- Have positive attitudes and respect and honor the game.
- Give scholastics top priority.
- Play for the love of the game and the challenges that it presents.
What can participating athletes expect?
- Support and 100% commitment from their coach.
- To have fun.
- To improve as golfers, students and individuals.
- To be prepared to play their best golf.
- Industry leading professional coaching and training program specifically designed to meet their needs and goals, and aligned with their stage of development
- To interact with other like-minded athletes and families.
- Honest and open communication and feedback.
- Structured coaching, practice, and training with a focus on core fundamentals: swing technique, fitness, nutrition, short game proficiency, course management and mental skills.
- To learn how to play the game- etiquette, scoring, shot selection, event preparation, strategy, tactics and mental game skills.
What do we expect of the athletes?
- Be committed to developing all aspects of the game that affect performance including fitness, nutrition, mental conditioning/game management, attitude and perspective, and swing/equipment.
- Sportsmanlike conduct at all times.
- Respect the efforts of parents, coaches, golf officials, facility staff, and sponsors at all times.
- To ask questions and seek support especially if confusion sets in or if personal problems arise off the course.
- Be a role model.
- Continually learn and discover.
- Be honest with themselves and others at all times.
- Complete all post round reports and assignments promptly.
- Have fun and enjoy the journey!